Tuesday 5 May 2009

Wishes and Kisses



I wish you here to soothe a primal fear
I wish you here brimful of tingling firecracker thoughts
I wish you here on a blanketed balmy evening with all possibility before us
I wish you here to kiss me in the morning
I wish you here with a vast hand spread eagled cradling my cheek
I wish you here to feel a mouth migrating to a neck, palms matched
I wish you here breathing me in, filling your lungs with scent for a long cold winter
I wish you here as piercing diagonal sleet sweeps across the landscape
I wish you here to escape the poorly of soul and tired of mind
I wish you here to bottle thoughts with exquisite memory
I wish you here pacing around me like a wary wild thing
I wish you here while the creaking floorboards of my soul ache at the movement of my memories
I wish you here to provide a brow stroke, a hand squeeze, a sign
I wish you here to catch a string of opaque pearls on your cotton sleeve
I wish you here as two souls in the night search for the truth and the words to give it wings
I wish you here to reap the truth from the fields of fear
I wish you here feeling forlorn, lovelorn
I wish you here with reassuring words swimming through warm air docking on sad earlobes
I wish you here to see confusion give way to clarity, paper covers rock

(typeset and letterpress 'wish you were here' cards printed in silver ink on off-white beer mat board, edition of 1000 available at all the usual lovely places).  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how we wished you here to taste your lovely lemon curd on my pastry crusts

Lucy May Schofield said...

how i wish i was there to gobble a maison djeribi crust