Tuesday 29 June 2010

Libraries, Picnics & Buses.






On Monday I took my Bibliotherapy Artist's Book Library to Newcastle where I parked up outside the library and opened the boot to tempt the heavy hearts of Blaydon to share their woes with me in the blazing sun, while I prescribed them some reading relief. I also described and read from some of the wonderful books in BABL to an inspiring visually impaired book group.

On Sunday I headed to Yorkshire to perform BABL on a super double decker route master bus as part of the Hebden Bridge Arts festival. Despite the fateful football cries from the pub, I was kept busy prescribing artists' books to those who were captivated by words not goals. BABL will be on the bus once more this Sunday 4th July for a free perusal between 2pm - 6pm.

No comments: